For 4th - 8th graders only
1. Participants will be divided into groups based on their age.
2. In Round 1, participants will give their prepared speeches in front of their respective group and the judges.
3. Speech cannot be more than 3 minutes long. (Maximum).
4. No props or audio/visual aids are allowed.
5. Speech must be on one of the topics listed below.
6. Selected students from Round 1 will proceed to Round 2
7. Students will present their same speeches again in Round 2.
8. Winners of Round 2 then move on to the final round and compete for the tournament trophies of 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
9. All finalists will receive trophies.
• If you could change one thing in the world what would it be and why
• I am a fan of ________________
• My favorite place for vacation
• Fears and Uses of Civilian Drones
• Causes and Effects of Smoking
• Tablets should replace textbooks in schools.
Date: Saturday, March 7th , 2015 1:00pm - 4:00 PM
Venue: ICC, 525 Los Coches Street Milpitas, CA 95035
Eligibility: Students in 4th – 8th grade
Prizes: Trophies for the winners & ribbons for all.